Sunday, May 2, 2010

Verse of the Week

This week is the Fifth Sunday in Easter and the lectionary texts remind us that Christ came not just for the Jews, but for all. Thank heavens!

The artwork is a photo of a poster in Bejing, China. The text of the Verse of the Week is written in English and Chinese on the bottom of the poster. I think it's so interesting to see how a graphic artist in China depicts Christ. That artist's Christ has a different look than the drawings of Christ I've seen here in America.

The verses I working on this week are from John 13:34 & 35. They are familiar words and I could tell someone the jist of them, but have never put the to memory. We'll see how it goes.



John 13: 34 & 35

(Jesus is speaking)
I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.

Good, but hard words.

How about you? Are you putting anything to memory this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment