Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Good Gooey Cake


My Young'uns

I was treated like a queen on Mother's Day - lots of hugs (even from my big guys), good food (which I didn't make or clean up), some flowers and homemade cards, and 2 hours of me laying on my back reading a good book. It was nice!

Two of the young'uns made me one of my favorite, completely bad for you, chocolaty, gooey, cream cheesy dessert. I only make this cake every few years, but when I do...oh my! It's so good. Sunday it was extra good because Jake and Ellie handled the whole thing. All I did was eat!

I know I've shared recipes for basically healthy foods so far, but well, sometimes you just gotta eat cake!

St. Louie Gooey Cake

Mix with spoon in bowl:
1 chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1 stick of melted butter
(Don't follow the cake mix directions. Just use the mix in the box with the eggs and butter.)



Mix in another bowl (you might want to use a mixer for this part:
80z of cream cheese-softened
2 eggs
a bag of powdered sugar

Spread chocolate in 9x13 pan. This stuff is thick and it is sometimes easier to just wet your fingers a bit and spread it that way. Pour cream cheese mixture on top and spread to cover. Bake for 30-35 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven. It should get pretty brown around the edges and the middle should be set- sort of.

And there you have it, Good Gooey Cake that even a kid can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment