Friday, May 21, 2010

Frivolous Friday - This Seems Eerily Familiar


Part of my growing up years were spent in the great state of South Dakota. I have nothing but wonderful memories of the place. The Big Guy and I have taken family vacations there with our brood. So, don't please don't think that by posting the above photo, I'm harboring some deep seated animosity towards the place and the people who call it home. I'm not.

It's just when I found this photo at Awkward Family Photos, I laughed so hard I cried. My kids came over to the computer because there were worried about me.
We lived in South Dakota during the late 70's and early 80's, right about when I thinking this gem of a photo was probably taken. How do I know this? First off, the sign says that Janklow was governor and I remember that he was in office when I took my school trip to the capital. Who says field trips don't influence kids? Second, I am pretty sure that my sisters and I had shorts like these, not to mention the glasses, that we proudly wore while living in South Dakota. There are so many things wrong with those shorts, I don't know where to begin. And, if you know either of my sisters, don't let them try to convince you they didn't wear them because I can provide photographic documentation.
It just made me laugh.
If you've got some time to kill or need a good laugh, you might what to check out the entire website.
For my CA readers - The Dad in this photo instantaneously brought to mind a resident of the state of California. The Big Guy and I both thought so. The first person who can guess who we thought of will win some great, yet to be determined prize.

1 comment:

  1. Was he a youth leader at Glendora CMA in the 80s?

    ReplyDelete