Saturday, March 13, 2010

Buy Soap, Make Money, Get Clean

Yep, it's true. This week I bought bar soap enough to last us for at least 4 months, probably longer. I also purchased a bottle of fancy body wash. The purchases were made at Target. Here's how it all worked:
2 - 8 packs of Olay bar soap
1 bottle of Olay body wash
Total - $16.50

less 1.00 coupon for bar soap
1.00 coupon for bar soap
2.00 coupon for body wash

Total - $12.50 spent out of pocket (plus tax)


Here's the kicker: I also received a $5.00 Target gift card that I can spend on
whatever I want. I'll probably put it towards another great Target deal. In
addition, I'll also be receiving a $15.00 rebate check from Olay in the mail.
Yep, you read that correctly! I spent $12.50 out of pocket, got a $5.00 gift card and will be getting a $15.00 check.

All told purchasing my stockpile of soap earned me about $ 7.00 after tax and postage stamp. I love shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment