Saturday, April 10, 2010

Getting Paid to Shop

I love getting paid to go shopping! I mean, really, does it get any better than that?

This week I did some shopping at Copps (a local grocery store), Walgreens and Target. All told I spent about $31.00. However, those three envelopes in the photo contain rebate forms for some of the items I bought. In a few weeks, I'll be getting checks and a gift card back for $19.50! So, it's like I only spent $11.50!

At Copps (in two transactions and with double coupons on both):
2 tubs Pampers wipes
1 package Pampers diapers
2 package Luv's diapers
4 cans of frozen juice (We never get these! They are hidden. The apple juice is to make granola.)
9 lbs pork roast for some yummy dinners
2 gallons milk
3 boxes of pasta
7 cans of tomatoes (The ones I canned are all gone. This won't happen next year!)
A few other things I can't remember

At Target:
2 bottles of Seventh Generation dish soap
1 spray bottle of Seventh Generation cleaning spray

At Walgreens:
1 box "Mom" stuff, you know what I mean (that's what we call it around here)
3 2 packs of Pilot Frixion pens
1 big jar of peanuts (a staple snack around the farm)
2 bottles of dish soap

From my Copps shopping, I am getting back a $10.00 Mastercard card to spend wherever I'd like. This rebate is for buying $25.00 worth of Proctor and Gamble products in one purchase. My Target trip is earning me back a $5.00 check from a Seventh Generation rebate (I only spent about $4.75 there.) Walgreens was the best this week. I spent .58 for all those pens (after the sale price and coupon from Walgreens) and the rebate from them is going to be a $4.50 check.

You can do these rebates, too! I tried to find a link for the Proctor and Gamble rebate, but couldn't. I saw it online here and got the form for it in a tearpad at the store. Just check out the links and you can get paid to shop like me!

8 comments:

  1. I really like all these suggestions. And the websites. I teach a monthly class where they like me to bring in new websites that help them save money. (Everybody there is between jobs.) Would you mind if I mention your blog?
    In case I haven't told you lately, you and Ron are very dear to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the rebate and coupon info! I sure do <3 copps on double coupon day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the pen rebate at Walgreens too- I was excited to make nearly $4 on that deal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a heads up...there may be 1.00 off 1 item coupons for Seventh Generation products in the paper inserts tomorrow. They would help with the rebate deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Jo - share away! You're dear to us too. I think of you every time I visit the ____room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's another website for you Mary Jo...

    www.greenbaysavers.blogspot.com

    I've contributed a post or two there, but most of it is by a gal from our homeschool group. She might just be the most organized person I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scratch that website above...

    it is www.gbsavers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  8. We Introduce you our new Songs Lyrics Website.Here you can search all kind of pakistani and indian lyrics songs on this website.

    Pakistani and Hindi songs lyrics

    ReplyDelete