Saturday, June 12, 2010

Edible Landscaping - Amazing!

I found photos online of the Edible Garden at the Atlanta Botanical Garden.  It's fascinating to me in many ways.  For starters, it gorgeous!  It's also very creative.  I love the all of the colors to be found in using plain old vegetable garden plants.  What a great way to create some beauty and feed people at the same time.  Don't get me wrong - I love me some flower gardens.  (I wish I was better at growing and more committed to my flower gardens here on the farm.  Maybe I'll work on them more when I am not growing Young'uns.)  The idea of edible gardens just intrigues me.

We're trying our hand at edible gardening in a couple of places around the Farm - some pole beans growing along the garage and herbs in flower beds.  The Edible Garden at the Botanical Garden in Atlanta went for it in a big way.  They converted an acre of parking lot into a garden that can be eaten along with an outdoor kitchen for visiting chefs to teach classes in.  How fun is that?

Thought I'd share a few photos to get you thinking and also a link in case you want to see it for yourself.


An "amphitheater" of veggie plants with fruit trees along the top.


Same amphitheater - side view.  Veggies in the Round. 

Kevin Gillespie, our favorite chef from America's Top Chef (we were addicted to that show back when we had cable), picking herbs from the wall of herbs.  I love the wall of herbs!

Herb wall - up close and personal.

Find out more at Garden Design.

All the photos are courtesy of Atlanta Botanical Garden.

1 comment:

  1. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.. wildoaktrees.com/tree-services-knoxville-tn

    ReplyDelete