Sunday, November 28, 2010

18 Years Ago Today: An Anniversary Post

In January of 1992, The Big Guy asked me to share the rest of his life with him and, wisely, I said, "Are you serious?"  (Yes, that's an actual quote.)

Doesn't my Dad look handsome?
On November 28, 1992, my sweet Dad walked me down the aisle (even though they had never arm wrestled) to where The Big Guy was patiently waiting.  Little did the Big Guy know, this waiting for me was just a little taste of what his future would hold.  Sorry, Big Guy!
This is the man who was waiting for me...oh baby!
Earlier in the day, he had tried to get away.  Thankfully, his brothers and good friend Jim brought him back to his senses.  I still owe those guys now that I think about it...


Dad and I arrived at the end of the aisle where he kissed me and put my hand into the Big Guy's.

Where you trying to block his view, Dad?
No comments on what could quite possibly be the poufiest veil/head thingy in the history of weddings!

Before family and friends and, most importantly, God, I said these words:

I, Wendy, do take you, Ron, to be my husband, and I do promise and covenant, before God and these witnesses, to be your loving and faithful wife: in plenty and in want, in joy and in sorrow, in sickness and in health, as long as we both shall live.

Miracles of miracles, he said those words to me, too!

We were married!

After a really great kiss, we happily walked back down the aisle and out into the world as husband and wife.

This is one of my favorite photos of all time!

Eighteen years ago, I said and meant every one of those words when I made that pledge.  Today, I'd do it all again without one single regret.  Not one.


The top of our wedding cake.

Thank you for choosing me all those years ago.  Thank you for taking me along in your adventures.  Thank you for warming up my side of the bed all those cold nights.  Thank you for loving me in a way that points me to the Father.


I can't imagine my life without you - because half of myself would be missing.

I love you Ron Jung,
Wen



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for saying 'yes' to me. I love you more now than ever and I am looking forward to getting old with you- I think we will be fun old people. I am in the process of perfecting annoying habits our grown children will have to deal with.

    You have been the best wife and mother a man could ever want or deserve. Thank you!

    The Big Guy

    PS. I don't mind the waiting too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Wendy. Thanks for posting the photos, I finally got to see the front of the church. I was standing behind Mike the whole time and didn't see much.

    It was a beautiful day.

    Blessings on many more years with that Big Guy.

    Lil' Bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful day that was, despite Dad's tears. What a blessing it is to have Ron in our family and to be the faithful husband he is to you. God is good! May God bless you both with many more years and memories together. We love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a wonderful day! Thanks for letting your little sister be in the wedding and sing. I still will sing the John Denver song in my head. I know a cried a lot that day but it was very happy tears to be gaining a BIG brother! Congratulations on 18 years of marriage. Love you both so much!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete